Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Impermanence




To live and let be' is a fragment I try to build into my design of human interaction. The very thread that links people can appear innocuous at times but can also yield immense beauty. I believe the idea of impermanence in every facet of our lives is the single idea that drives love towards hate, that drives beauty to madness (or maybe encompasses both at the same time). Every relationship no matter how infinitesimal it may appear on the surface is in constant flux.

In the grand scheme of things we fight for what we believe is 'ours'. We fight for land, for objects, for relationships, for things we think matter at that time yet all things cease to exist at one point or another. Everything comes to a close when the final resting place is had and our eyes shut for the last time. But does this mean that we should falter and give up on what we have and what we are doing in the present? Does it mean that we should squeeze tighter and not let go? These are questions you must answer within yourself. As Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin said, “I may not believe in myself, but I believe in what I’m doing.”

That's the way. All is fleeting, oh but all is well.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the use of media throughout the post. I love the initial superimposed image that is reflective of the post’s title, “Impermanence.” The warm tones of the image contrasted against a blue sky are an excellent representation of the bittersweet nature of love and life. It is in something’s impermanence that it gains beauty. I also enjoyed the use of Led Zeppelin in the post. Naturally, I’m a big fan, but I also feel that their music evokes a lot of emotion not only through lyrics but through the rhythm.
    Overall the post seemed a little contradictory. The first paragraph talks about how, “Every relationship no matter how infinitesimal it may appear on the surface is in constant flux.” I used this sentence in my post and interpreted it to mean that so is the nature of things and to accept them is to find beauty in relationships. But then the second paragraph goes on to imply: what’s the point? Perhaps I do not fully understand the contrast.
    I have bittersweet feelings concerning the second paragraph. I thought it was unique that you proposed the reader with a soul-searching question, making them think beyond your opinion of life and its ebb and flow. At the same time I feel like life is filled with enough questions and sometimes we just want to be told. Either way, the question was successful since it caused me to think through its several facets.
    Aesthetically, I find the blog to be warm and welcoming. The colors are easy on the eyes and the multimedia components match the overall tone. My one suggestion would be to increase the font size or possibly change the font to something more legible? I felt like I had to squint in order to read the blog and I would hate for something so minor to ruin such a well written piece.

    Good luck with the rest of the project.

    ReplyDelete