Tuesday, October 15, 2013


As our journey through this life continues we must constantly reinvent ourselves, our path, our everything. Impermanence and mystery of the step in front of the one we just took keeps us in constant flux. Some make gradual changes throughout, others have a ‘mid-life crisis’ and make dramatic sudden changes at some point in some attempt to live a life they thought they should have been living.

a·vant-garde
ˌavänt ˈgärd,ˌaväN/
noun
noun: avant-garde
1.    
new and unusual or experimental ideas, esp. in the arts, or the people introducing them.


Stepping out of the box and into the avant-garde lifestyle means leaving thought to be previous concreted ideas and habits about one’s daily life and trying something new and different. For some this may translate to material purchases of status, say a new automobile or a different clothing style, and to others this may be active change in thought patterns or beliefs. For me I prefer to constantly reinvent myself, as I live by the biggest existential bummer of all, impermanence. That’s not to say that one day I might have a mid life crisis of my own, but only time will tell. I do what I can with what I have, today.


No comments:

Post a Comment